Homelyeats.lk is an online platform or marketplace that connects homemade food lovers with home cooking enthusiasts. We have created and online central hub for the purchase of home cooked meals and home made food products. Through the platform, Guests and Cooks directly connect with each other and Homelyeats.lk does not create, provide, own or operate the listed private business.
Homelyeats.lk sole responsibilities are limited to: (i) making the Site and its Services available and (ii) marketing and promoting of the website and premium profile members.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Accessing Our Site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Our site is directed to people residing in Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, you do so at your own risk.
Disclosure of Information
All information provided to us by visitors to these web pages is considered to be confidential and will not be disclosed by us to any third party except as may be required for the provision of the services.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms for Cooks and Guests
Cook Commitments. By participating as a Cook, you represent and warrant:
- The information you submit to us or post on the Services regarding your meals are true and accurate
- You will prepare the meals available to Guests in accordance with the information you provide and at the times and location specified
- You have obtained and will maintain the quality of your food, high level of hygienic kitchen environment, use of fresh and good quality ingredients and raw material, use of appropriate environment friendly hygienic packing methods.
- You will provide all food items without imposing restrictions or policies not listed in your Rules.
- You will not accept any gratuity or require additional payments not listed on the Site and Services;
- You further agree that unless you obtain the express written consent of any Guest, you will use the contact information that the Guest provides to you only to communicate with the Guest about your products and for no other purpose.
Guest Commitments. By participating as a Guest, you represent and warrant:
- You will not solicit Cooks or other Guests for any commercial, religious or other reasons.
- Agree to arrive on time and at the stated location to purchase the meals and pay the agreed upon price for the meals.
- You, as a Guest acknowledge that, pre paid payments, cancelations and refunds are based on the agreement you have with the cooks and Homelyeats.lk is not liable for such events. However if you as a gest experienced inappropriate events, you shall comment and complain.
- Cooks, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to refuse to provide a meal, based on their capacity and work schedule.
Relationship between Guests and Cooks.
- Guests understand that Cooks prepare and provide meals in their private home kitchens and all Events are run out of private home kitchens.
- Cooks understand that ones a customer place an order, it is their sole responsibility to prepare the exact items requested and will be ready on time for pickup or delivery.
- Gusts understand that last minute cancelation can not be excepted, unless agreed with the cooks.(Kindly note that all business listed on the website are home bases business and once an item is prepared after a confirmation ,cooks may not be able to re-sell the product due to immediate cancelation)
- lk does not control the quality, safety, or legality. Guests and Cooks each acknowledge that the other is a third party beneficiary of this Agreement, but solely with respect to those provisions.
To further increase our cooks’ accountability to their customers, We at Homelyeats.lk collects reviews from meal attendees/food item parched. To main stranded quality, we kindly request all our gusts to review and rate the cooks on the basis of food quality, pick up experience, portion size, and value. As part of our review system, customers can leave public reviews, leave personal messages to the cook, and/or leave private messages to Homely Eats staff.
Homelyeats.lk is dedicated on creating a healthier, more equitable food system by bringing neighbors together and promoting on home base cooks. To keep homelyeats.lk as a reliable source of informative online platform/market place, all members should:
Understand the Experience
Homelyeats.lk is not a restaurant or a restaurant-listing platform – we encourage a network of talented cooks who want to share their culinary skills, their culture and their compassion. Our cooks set their own menus and schedules, and cook the way that is most authentic to their lifestyle and based on their skills. We at Homelyeats.lk, powers a diverse group of humans with many types of experiences, flavors to our valuable guests.
Share Honest Feedback
Please share honest reactions to your meal and your experience! If something seems off, let us know. Feedback is crucial to our community, so we always respond quickly to concerns from both customers and cooks.
Be Open to Differences
Unlike chain restaurants and other industrialized food services, the Homelyeats.lk experience isn’t exactly the same every time. Our cooks come from different backgrounds, have different personalities, and enjoy cooking different kinds of food. The variety and uniqueness of each experience is something we embrace. It’s part of what makes our community so special!
Respect each other
Remember that you are the Cook’s guest. Some of our cooks share their skills on part time basis and some are with a busy schedule. Please don’t show up early or late (unless you’ve messaged the cook in advance), always be mindful of your behavior, and respect their time and space.
Remember that your customer is coming all the way for the pickup, they do have their own personal agenda and time schedule. Please arrange the ordered food ready on time unless requested and agreed by your customer. Also please make sure all your orders are freshly prepared according to quality and hygiene stranded.
Unlike other business listing platforms, we value your recommendation. Our guests, who have already experienced their culinary skills, recommend most of our business-listed cooks. In this way we know that the listed cooks have already been recognized for their skills and the services they have provided. Also having a list of recommended cooks will be an added advantage for the first times users
If your favorite home-based cook is not listed with us. Please share our information or share their information with us and we will be happy to get in touch and welcome them on board.